The Brookside Soccer Club is a not-for-profit, all-volunteer organization that is passionate about providing a fair, fun and safe environment to help the Kansas City area youth from 4 to 18 years of age grow through playing soccer.
BSC has made soccer fun and accessible to kids for more than 30 years. In the beginning, we were lucky to have enough kids to fill out our divisions, but now, we have more than 2,000 kids active in our league – and we continue to grow every year!
Brookside Soccer’s success stems from our simple mission: Deliver quality youth soccer programs that build positive character through participation in a fun, family-oriented soccer environment.
Our core values make BSC different from most other youth soccer programs. The support of our core values by everyone involved in the league – players, coaches, volunteers and parents – has made BSC a success.
- Everyone Plays – Our program’s goal is for kids to play soccer. So, we mandate that every player on every team must play at least half of every game. No player is allowed to play an entire game unless every other player has played at least three quarters.
- Balanced Teams – Each year we form new teams as evenly balanced as possible. It is fair and more fun when teams of equal ability play one another.
- Open Registration – Our program is open to all children between four and 19 years of age who want to register and play soccer. Interest and enthusiasm are the only criteria for playing.
- Positive Coaching – Encouragement of player effort provides for greater enjoyment. Plus, it leads to better-skilled and better-motivated players.
- Good Sportsmanship – We strive to create a positive environment based on mutual respect rather than a “win-at-all-cost” attitude.
Brookside Soccer Club is organized as a 501.c3 non-profit and is managed by a volunteer board. If you’d like to help BSC grow, one of easiest ways to get started is come to one of our board meetings, meet other folks and find a way to help that fits your time, interests and skills (the main “skill” being a willingness to help!).
Brookside Soccer Club, is affiliated with Soccer Association for Youth (SAY), a nationwide non-profit organization that provides insurance and other club administration functions. The focus of SAY matches our own mission – read SAY’s Mission & Values to learn more.